[uWSGI] restart uWSGI processes

Yann Malet yann.malet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:59:30 CET 2010

Hello,

I find myself restarting the uwsgi processes pretty often so I am looking fo
the best practices here. Let imagine that I have a django application which
is served by cherokee and uWSGI and that I have -p 10 (10 uswsgi process).
what is the best way to force uWSGI to re read my settings.py ?

I notice that none of the action I tried on cherokee-admin seems
to trigger this behavior, am I wrong there ?
So far I have been using this :
"""
ps -ef | grep uwsgi | awk '{print $2}'| xargs kill -9
"""

This seems a bit like brute force to me and I am wondering how you do this ?
Regards,
Yann