[uWSGI] uwsgi_admin

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Fri Jan 22 13:46:15 CET 2010

Il giorno gio, 21/01/2010 alle 18.35 -0400, Yann Malet ha scritto:
> I have started a branch to repackage the uwsgi admin in a way that it
> is easy to integrate into existing project. PIP and requirements file
> are becoming the defacto standard in python realm. So the idea would
> be to just be able to add uwsgi to a requirements  and to get it
> downloaded and installed into the python path.
>

> Here it is where I stand :
>

>     mkdir uwsgi-admin
>     cd uwsgi-admin
>     virtualenv ve
>     pip install -E ve -e hg
> +ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/yml/uwsgi_admin@packaging#egg=uwsgi-admin
>     pip install -E ve -r ve/src/uwsgi-admin/requirements.pip
>

> This should get you almost setup, there is two remaining issue that I
> am aware of :
>   * what is the clean and easy way to install uwsgi into the
> virtualenv

This is a big (really big) issue. Where the uwsgi binary need to be
installed ?

I prefer to have a uwsgi binary for every project (or in every
virtualenv). Others prefer to have it in the system path (/usr/bin
or /usr/local/bin).

With the new --chroot options you need 2 (!!!) binary, one for the
startup, another for the reloads in the jail/chroot.

I would like to address this for the next release...

--
Roberto De Ioris <roberto at unbit.it>
Unbit