[uWSGI] uwsgi_admin

Yann Malet yann.malet at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 14:33:22 CET 2010

Roberto,

Yeah there is few things to decide. for me everything live isolated in a
virtualenv. But I understand that for a production server people would
prefer to have a globally installed packaged (apt-get install).

So it seems that both scenario are important and I don't think that it would
be hard to support them once uwsgi python module adhere to the common python
installation standard (setuptools, distutils). In fact I see 2 things that I
don't know yet how to name :

  * the first one is the uwsgi binary (the command line that we use to start
the uwsgi server)
  * uwsgi python module the one used by the django app : "uwsgi_admin"

A first approach would be to make the second one, uwsgi python module,
installable using "pip install". This will let you choose where you can
install it.
Also I have know idea how to do this yet ... I this may be absolutely not a
good idea.   :-p

I would be glad to hear your thought on this.
Regards,
--yml