[uWSGI] uwsgi_admin

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Fri Jan 22 14:55:05 CET 2010

Il giorno ven, 22/01/2010 alle 09.43 -0400, Yann Malet ha scritto:
> Do you think that the uwsgi could be compiled and installed using
> (distutils and setuptools) ?

yes, it is very simple, i will look at it soon

> I am not a big fan of this module being "auto-magically" added at
> runtime. Could you let me know what is the reasoning behind this
> "magic" ? This remembers me  this :
> http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/RemovingTheMagic

the uwsgi module is a "gate" to the internals of the server (its
memory), there are no other way to permit this (without implementing a
complex/very slow ipc mechanism).

i have added the --no-server option to the binary so users can write
script that use the uwsgi embedded functions without spawning the whole
stack.

It is not "magic" (or messy) is a low-level way for doing things that a
python app cannot do.

But it would be interesting to add a uwsgi.py that mimic the embedded
functions to talk to a remote uwsgi compliant server (ehm, better to
call it pyuwsgi.py to avoid namespace disaster)

Returning to the uwsgi_admin, it is better to put all the code under a
try: except: block so users that does not use the uwsgi server locally
can still maintain the uwsgi-admin code without errors:

try:
	import uwsgi
except:
	"""graphics to show for non-uwsgi environment"""

--
Roberto De Ioris <roberto at unbit.it>
Unbit