[uWSGI] Writing pidfile after graceful reloading

Leonid Borisenko leo.borisenko at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 08:06:45 CEST 2010

Hello.

I run uWSGI under not root uid/gid (for example, 33/33). Right after
starting uWSGI in init.d script I change owner, group and permissions on
uWSGI pidfile to root:root, 644.

After graceful reloading (kill -HUP <uWSGI pid>), uWSGI tries to write
the pidfile, failed at it (because of permissions) and immediately exits.

But (as I see) PID of master uWSGI doesn't changes, so it hadn't to
write the pidfile. Am I right? Could uWSGI behaviour be changed to skip
writing the pidfile after graceful reloading?