[uWSGI] Very strange behavior with using unix socket

test157 at smail.ee test157 at smail.ee
Tue Nov 16 08:31:17 CET 2010

Hello Roberto,

ok here is my cmd line what i'am starting from the activated test
virtualenv, from normal user - not root.

uwsgi --socket /tmp/uwsgi.sock --processes 1 --async 1000 -l 2048 -L -C --master --module uw -H /opt/venvs/test/

pip freeze shows for me
Beaker==0.9.5
MySQL-python==1.2.2
SQLAlchemy==0.4.7p1
gevent==0.13.1
greenlet==0.3.1
gunicorn==0.11.2
meld3==0.6.7
mercurial==1.0.1
multiprocessing==2.6.2.1
psyco==1.6
pycurl==7.19.0
pylibmc==1.1.1
python-apt==0.6.17
simplejson==2.1.1
virtualenv==1.4.8
virtualenvwrapper==2.5.3
wsgiref==0.1.2

this is NGINX config
    location / {
         uwsgi_pass   unix:///tmp/uwsgi.sock;
         include        uwsgi_params;
         proxy_redirect off;
         proxy_buffering off;
         access_log off;
    }

I'am testing it INSIDE ONE VMWARE machine, after starting uwsgi I'am
accessing this virtul vmware machine from another ONE vmware machine
just by entering in browser NGINX ip address.

if I started TCP SOCKET command, I'am getting in my browser "TEST
STRING", if I'am starting UNIX SOCKET command - I'am getting "WAITING
FOR IP" in browser status and it never loads page.