[uWSGI] Incompatibility between PyZMQ and uWSGI

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Tue Nov 23 19:44:26 CET 2010

> We are developing a web project and the web interface is managed by NGINX
> and uWSGI handlers. It works rather fine although we haven't tested in a
> production environment yet.
>
> Now, we have introduced zeromq (http://www.zeromq.org/), which let us
> build
> a lightweight messaging framework. During the development, we've used
> wsgiref for simplicity and everything worked perfectly. However, when we
> moved the source code to our sandbox based on nginx+uWSGi, the zmq code
> didn't work correctly. The messages were not sent.
>
> Do you know what could cause this conflict? Perhaps parallelism and
> threading implementations of both frameworks are colliding?
>
> I've also introduced this problem in the zmq forum just in case:
> http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/2010-November/008082.html
>
> Thanks in advanced for your help,
> Jaime

i am not very familiar with zeromq.

I will try it tomorrow. The only "relevant" difference in uWSGI against a
standard python interpreter is that threads are not enabled by default. If
zeromq uses it you have to add the -T flag. This is only a speculation, i
will report yout tomorrow what i have discovered.

(but in the mean time try with the -T flag)