[uWSGI] Incompatibility between PyZMQ and uWSGI

Jaime Fernández jjjaime at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 10:21:35 CET 2010

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for the reply. I've tested with -T flag but it does not work either.

In the ZMQ I've received the following reply (
http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/2010-November/008086.html)
which may be helpful:
---
I think the issue is that uWSGI likely uses an asynchronous event loop
underneath with non-blocking sockets.  When zeromq/pyzmq is used in that
context, zeromq socket have to be integrated into the event loop at a very
low level using:
1) zmq_poll (for zeromq 2.0.x and 2.1.x)
2) ZMQ_FD/ZMQ_EVENTS (for zeromq 2.1.x)
The exact point of conflict is that both zeromq and uWSGI are using
something like poll to handle IO in the event loop.  The two event loops
don't know how to coordinate their activities and end up stepping on each
other's toes.  The only libraries that I know of that handle this (in python
that is) are:
1) pyzmq.eventloop.ioloop (a tornado-compatible event loop).
2) eventlet
---
Unfortunately I don't know how to proceed.

Thanks,
Jaime