[uWSGI] uWSGI do not restart gracefuly after sending SIGHUP

Grzegorz Szczudlik szczad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 13:50:46 CET 2010

2010/11/24 Roberto De Ioris <roberto at unbit.it>:

>>> It looks like you have sent INT or QUIT and not HUP, but this is a very
>>> old
>>> development version (that is a very bad combo ;) ) of uWSGI that
>>> probably
>>> has tons of bugs, so i am not very confident you can use it safely.
>>
>> Hmmm... After upgrading to stable uWSGI-0.9.6.5 i get a bit different
>> error but it's still almost the same situation.
>>
>> [uWSGI] parsing config file /home/szczad/Aptana Studio 3
>> Workspace/xxx/xxx.xml
>> *** Starting uWSGI 0.9.6.5 (32bit) on [Wed Nov 24 13:36:00 2010] ***
>> compiled with version: 4.4.5
>> Python version: 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Oct 15 2010, 14:20:51)
>> [GCC 4.4.4]
>> your memory page size is 4096 bytes
>> allocated 412 bytes (0 KB) for 1 request's buffer.
>> binding on UNIX socket: /tmp/xxx.sock
>> your server socket listen backlog is limited to 1 connections
>> added /home/szczad/Aptana Studio 3 Workspace/xxx to pythonpath.
>> added /home/szczad/Aptana Studio 3 Workspace/xxx/xxx to pythonpath.
>> initializing hooks...done.
>> ...getting the applications list from the 'django_uwsgi' module...
>> uwsgi.applications dictionary is not defined, trying with the
>> "applications" one...
>> applications dictionary is not defined, trying with the "application"
>> callable.
>> application 0 () ready
>> setting default application to 0
>> spawned uWSGI master process (pid: 15647)
>> spawned uWSGI worker 1 (pid: 15657)
>> ...gracefully killing workers...
>> Gracefully killing worker 15657...
>> binary reloading uWSGI...
>> closing all fds > 2 (_SC_OPEN_MAX = 1024)...
>> running /usr/bin/uwsgi
>>   File "/usr/bin/uwsgi-2.6", line 1
>>     ELF!
>>     ^
>> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>

> Can you post the xml configuration file and the command line ?
>
> Thanks

Sure.
XML configuration file:
<uwsgi>
  <socket>/tmp/xxx.sock</socket>
  <listen>1</listen>
  <processes>1</processes>
  <master/>
  <single-interpreter/>

  <pythonpath>/home/szczad/Aptana Studio 3 Workspace/xxx</pythonpath>
  <pythonpath>/home/szczad/Aptana Studio 3 Workspace/xxx/xxx</pythonpath>
  <module>django_uwsgi</module>

  <vacuum/>
  <chmod-socket>666</chmod-socket>
  <reaper/>
</uwsgi>

Comman line:
/usr/bin/uwsgi -x "/home/szczad/Aptana Studio 3 Workspace/xxx/xxx.xml"

BTW: I found that if /usr/bin/uwsgi is python script that is generated
during emerge process by portage system. This file is responsible for
detecting current python version selected by eselect app and running
/usr/bin/uwsgi-2.6 with proper environmental variables.
If I launch /usr/bin/uwsgi-2.6 and send HUP to master uWSGI process
everything reloads as expected.