[uWSGI] Fail after N tries

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Wed Oct 9 18:05:27 CEST 2013

>> the --need-app stop the instance (exit(1)) if no app has been loaded.
>> I do not know if it is the right approach for you, can you paste your
>> current config ?
>> --
>> Roberto De Ioris
>> http://unbit.it
>
> I would want something like --need-app 10 (fail exit(1) after 10 attempts
> to load the app)
>
> Current config is:
>
> [uwsgi]
> auto-procname = true
> enable-threads = true
> harakiri = 60
> harakiri-verbose = true
> limit-post = 524288000
> log-slow = 1000
> master = true
> need-app = true
> post-buffering = 8192
> #reload-on-exception = true
> virtualenv = ../env
> wsgi-file = wsgi.py
> listen = 512
> processes = 3
> threads = 40
> reload-mercy = 6000
> worker-reload-mercy = 6000
> lazy-apps = true
> env = PYRAMID_INI=live.ini

If i understand correctly your instance is constantly respawned because
the app cannot be loaded and this is a waste of resources.

Unfortunately this can only be managed by the parent process. The Emperor
has such a feature (blacklisting, and anti-fork-bomb policies), for
upstart
there is http://upstart.ubuntu.com/wiki/Stanzas#respawn_limit. I do not
know for other process managers.