[uWSGI] Feature request: email on worker init exceptions, i.e. "Internal server error"

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Tue Oct 15 06:24:17 CEST 2013

> Hi,
>
> there's a very nice feature in e.g. Django, when an unhandled exception
> occurs, the users defined in settings.ADMINS get an email with full
> stacktrace.
>
> When an app cannot be loaded in uwsgi due to any reason, the user just
> sees
> "Internal server error".
> But in many cases, the only way, that I know of, for the admin to see,
> that
> the site is actually down, is to receive a complaint from the user. This
> way is obviously not the most preferred.
>
> Is it possible to make uwsgi send an email to a set of predefined
> addresses
> on load errors, or, possibly, any other critical errors?
>
> Regards,
> Igor Katson.

You could use the alarm framework as the error message when apps cannot be
loaded is always the same:

http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/AlarmSubsystem.html

[uwsgi]
alarm = mailme cmd:mail -s 'uWSGI alarm' -a 'From: foobar at example.com'
admin at example.com
log-alarm = mailme unable to load app

getting the stack trace is not its job but you can then check it from the
logs