[uWSGI] uwsgi websockets or gevent ?

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Thu Oct 17 00:23:57 CEST 2013

> Hello,
>
> i have two question for you :
>
> 1 )
> I would like to know if the builtin websocket module in 1.9 is mature
> enough to be superior to gevent or even having good comparisons with
> nodejs.

i suppose you mean gevent-websocket, in such a case is 2x to 6x faster,
and (maybe more important for you) you can call it from gevent without
problems, as well as threads, pure-greenlets and so on.

> 2 )
> https://github.com/unbit/uwsgi/blob/master/tests/websockets_chat_async.py
>
> This example uses publish, whereas it is nowhere in the doc.
>
> Any help on the full api, possible ?

it is a redis method not a uwsgi one:

http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/WebSockets.html#api

these are the only exposed methods.

You can check my europython 2013 talk about it (realtime multiplayer games)