[uWSGI] uwsgi websockets or gevent ?

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Thu Oct 17 12:51:45 CEST 2013

> Hello,
>
> I don't really know if it is gevent but yes, it is the websocket used here
> :
> http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/WebSockets.html
>
> So I have to call it gevent-websocket ? It is the one officially built-in
> ?
> What is the difference between it and gevent module you can install from
> core ?
>
> The only missing thing is a sockjs client..
>
> Thanks !

Sorry i was not clear, gevent-websocket is the project you were referring
to at the beginning of the thread as "gevent". Gevent (as a standalone
server) has no facilities for websockets (you need to install
gevent-websocket).

Instead, the uwsgi websocket api is platform (and suspend engine)
independent and it is builtin by default in 1.9 serie.

You can use it with the gevent uWSGI plugin (if you use it) or as plain
multithread/multiprocess environment