[uWSGI] python wsgi application is imported before forking worker process ?

yi huang yi.codeplayer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 02:57:19 CEST 2013

Today we found a strange bug in my application when deployed with uwsgi. It
turns out that our application created some tcp connections and store them
in a pool at import time, and we found that different worker processes
shared the same connections, which cause some strange behavior.

I guess this is because uwsgi fork worker processes after import python
application, so the file descriptors created at import time are shared
among worker processes.

I wonder is this behavior normal? If it is normal, then what is the
recommended way to do initialization related to file descriptors.

Thanks.

--
http://yi-programmer.com/