[uWSGI] Crash on touch-chain-reload

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Mon Oct 28 13:21:44 CET 2013

> Hello.
>
> I'm seeing uwsgi workers crash when they are chain-reloading. This appears
> to be when they are about to die anyway, so it's not a problem, but it's
> probably something easy to fix. It's not easily reproduced, it seems to
> happen only when the worker has been up for some time. If I try to
> chain-reload shortly after these crashes, all workers reload fine. After
> "some time", when I try to chain-reload ALL workers crash with this stack
> trace:

You should find hundreds of reports of this kind of errors in
Py_Finalize(), unfortunately no-ones managed to fix it (in uWSGI as well
as blender and the other software embedding CPython). Mainly because they
are hard to reproduce.

If you do not want to bother about it (and you do not use the python
atexit module) you can simply skip that phase with

--skip-atexit