[uWSGI] HTTP router vs FastRouter

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Sat Apr 5 16:56:55 CEST 2014

> Hi,
>
> I'm evaluating http router instead of fastrouter+nginx and it seems that
> it's much slower.
> With fastrouter + nginx I'm getting 8k-10k req/s (small static files) on
> my
> test virtual machines, but with http router I'm only getting
> 800-1.5k Increasing number of workers helps, but not much.
> Is this something I can expect to get better? Or should I stick with nginx
> in front of fastrouter if I need  to handle bigger traffic?
>
> My configs: https://gist.github.com/prymitive/a9ac9b7867c4c502984a
> (ignore the https part, I was testing only http connections)

There should be a only 3%-8% difference when you are under a dynamic
configuration (subscriptions, sni...)

Check if your backend instances behave the same when behind the fastrouter
(increased traffic could lead to funny problems), and test if without
keepalives things change (the http router is less tolerant than nginx).