[uWSGI] HTTP router vs FastRouter

Łukasz Mierzwa l.mierzwa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 17:41:27 CEST 2014

I've removed keepalive and websocket options, it didn't had any effect on
results. I'm not sure about:

> Check if your backend instances behave the same when behind the fastrouter

I'm testing the same setup:

ab -> httprouter or fastrouter+nginx -> backends subscribed to router

The only thing that is different between ab runs is frontend - backends
subscribe to httprouter or to fastrouter with nginx in front.

> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm evaluating http router instead of fastrouter+nginx and it seems that
> > it's much slower.
> > With fastrouter + nginx I'm getting 8k-10k req/s (small static files) on
> > my
> > test virtual machines, but with http router I'm only getting
> > 800-1.5k Increasing number of workers helps, but not much.
> > Is this something I can expect to get better? Or should I stick with
> nginx
> > in front of fastrouter if I need  to handle bigger traffic?
> >
> > My configs: https://gist.github.com/prymitive/a9ac9b7867c4c502984a
> > (ignore the https part, I was testing only http connections)
> >

> There should be a only 3%-8% difference when you are under a dynamic
> configuration (subscriptions, sni...)
>
> Check if your backend instances behave the same when behind the fastrouter
> (increased traffic could lead to funny problems), and test if without
> keepalives things change (the http router is less tolerant than nginx).

> http://unbit.it

Łukasz Mierzwa