[uWSGI] HTTP router vs FastRouter

Łukasz Mierzwa l.mierzwa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 17:57:37 CEST 2014

No, backends are not overloaded. Router is the one that eats all the cpu
(both: with fastrouter and httprouter), one core is saturated with software
interrupts, second is eated by nginx and fastrouter or by httprouter. It's
seems that nginx does the frontend part somehow efficient since fastrouter
can handle backend connections as well.
I have high open file descriptors limit set on router node (100k).

> > I've removed keepalive and websocket options, it didn't had any effect on
> > results. I'm not sure about:
> >
> >> Check if your backend instances behave the same when behind the
> >> fastrouter
> >
> > I'm testing the same setup:
> >
> > ab -> httprouter or fastrouter+nginx -> backends subscribed to router
> >
> > The only thing that is different between ab runs is frontend - backends
> > subscribe to httprouter or to fastrouter with nginx in front.
>

> I was meaning if your backends were overloaded.
>
> By the way, have you raised the number of file descriptors in the http
> router ? On startup the instance should report it. The maximum number of
> concurrent clients is max-fd/2. Maybe you need to raise it (--max-fd
> should be enough)

> http://unbit.it

Łukasz Mierzwa