[uWSGI] Namespaced vassals and log rotation

Łukasz Mierzwa l.mierzwa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 19:43:53 CEST 2014


FYI I'm done for today, but I'll try to debug it tomorrow (--namespace +
--logto2 + --log-maxsize combination).


2014-04-05 18:07 GMT+02:00 Łukasz Mierzwa <l.mierzwa at gmail.com>:

> I don't think this is the case, I do have log-backupname set and new log
> file was created.
>
>
> 2014-04-05 18:03 GMT+02:00 Łukasz Mierzwa <l.mierzwa at gmail.com>:
>
> So I shall write one ;P
>>
>>
>> 2014-04-05 17:53 GMT+02:00 Roberto De Ioris <roberto at unbit.it>:
>>
>>
>>> > Hi,
>>> >
>>> > I'm not sure if this is bug with logging or I simply failed to find the
>>> > right combination of options. Right now I'm pushing logs from vassals
>>> > using
>>> > remote syslog plugin (localhost syslog over tcp), it works just fine. I
>>> > wanted to switch to plain log files, each vassal would have rotated log
>>> > file inside the namespace.
>>> >
>>> > If I use --logto I must pass full path including namespace path,
>>> example:
>>> > --logto=/ns/app1/home/uwsgi.log
>>> > so I guess that logs are opened before jailing vassal.
>>> >
>>> > If I'll add --log-maxsize it doesn't work regardless if I set full
>>> path,
>>> > or
>>> > just path inside the namespace. I think that uWSGI  tries to call
>>> rename()
>>> > using full path as first arg, but we are inside the namespace so it
>>> fails.
>>> >
>>> > So i tried using --logto2 - it would open logfile after dropping
>>> > privileges, so it will happen inside my namespace. This works just
>>> fine.
>>> >
>>> > So I've added --log-maxsize again, log is being rotated, but all writes
>>> > are
>>> > still going to rotated log, looks like it's not being reopened after
>>> > rotating. I've checked with lsof and it turns out that master process
>>> has
>>> > new file opened, but all workers keep old file opened.
>>> > I've tried adding --log-master, but it doesn't seem to have any
>>>  effect.
>>> >
>>> > Am I missing something with this setup?
>>> >
>>>
>>> --logto2 seems the right approach to me, but the problem is here:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/unbit/uwsgi/blob/master/core/logging.c#L520
>>>
>>> the filename checked is the one from --logto
>>>
>>> it should be an easy fix, i will wait for your patch ;)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Roberto De Ioris
>>> http://unbit.it
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> uWSGI mailing list
>>> uWSGI at lists.unbit.it
>>> http://lists.unbit.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/uwsgi
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Łukasz Mierzwa
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Łukasz Mierzwa
>



-- 
Łukasz Mierzwa
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.unbit.it/pipermail/uwsgi/attachments/20140405/e961e301/attachment.html>


More information about the uWSGI mailing list