[uWSGI] Init script for Debian?

Łukasz Mierzwa l.mierzwa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:57:30 CEST 2014

Generic init script is usually for people using emperor mode, you should
write custom init script if you gonna spawn single uWSGI instance just for
one your app.
If you wan to use emperor take a look at this init script from my repo:
https://github.com/prymitive/uwsgi-deb
Upstart config:
https://github.com/prymitive/uwsgi-deb/blob/master/debian/uwsgi-emperor.upstart
Emperor ini:
https://github.com/prymitive/uwsgi-deb/blob/master/debian/emperor.ini

Just remember that using "exit-on-reload = true" in application ini file is
recommended for upstart.

> Hello
>
> Before asking, I checked the archives with either "debian upstrat" or
> "debian init" but didn't find much:
> http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.wsgi.uwsgi.general
>
> What is the right way to write an Upstart script to start/stop uwsgi
> on a Debian host, where the settings should be in an INI file instead?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Here's the sample from the online documentation:
> ================
> # simple uWSGI script to start uwsgi as stand-alone web server
>
> description "uwsgi tiny instance"
> start on runlevel [2345]
> stop on runlevel [06]
>
> #Where to put myapp.ini?
> exec uwsgi myapp.ini
> http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Upstart.html
>
> 1. Is it indeed possible to outsource settings in an INI file?
>
> 2. If yes, where should the INI file be located for Upstart to find
> it?
>
> Thank you.

Łukasz Mierzwa