[uWSGI] Non-blocking "sleep"

Mel Boyce mel at thestack.co
Fri Apr 25 11:30:26 CEST 2014

I might take a look at that - I respect Varnish.

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014, at 19:20, Łukasz Mierzwa wrote:

Not really what you are looking for but I have varnish in front of my
web apps and I've been
using [1]https://github.com/nand2/libvmod-throttle to do the same thing
you are trying to do. There is an old ticket for such
functionality [2]https://github.com/unbit/uwsgi/issues/89

Hey guys,

I'm looking to "rate limit" login attempts to an API once the supplied

username is tried over a certain number of times unsuccessfully. Right

now, I have a call to Python's time.sleep callable before I send back a

500 and am wondering if there's anything I can do to free up the worker

rather than have it wait.

My brain is telling me that's my only option, and I'm quite happy to
pay

that tax, but I thought I'd see if anyone here had any ideas.

Roberto: Thanks for all your work on uWSGI - it really *is*
appreciated.

--

Mel Boyce

[4]thestack.co