[uWSGI] How to gracefully restart uwsgi when running in daemon

Jerry OELoo oyljerry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 11:20:33 CEST 2015

Yes, After check the logs, it is reloaded.

One more question. In previous uwsgi ini configure. I use logto and
log-backupname for logs.

logto = /xxx/uwsgi.log
log-backupname = /xxx/uwsgi.log.old
log-maxsize = 10485760

Now I am using

daemonize = /xxx/uwsgi_daemon.log

I want to know when daemon log exceed 10M, Will it automatically write
to backup log file?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Roberto De Ioris <roberto at unbit.it> wrote:

>> Hi.
>> I am running uwsgi in daemon mode,
>> In my configure file, it configed with daemonize
>>
>> daemonize = /tmp/uwsgi_daemon.log
>>
>> Then, I run uwsgi with command line: uwsgi --ini /xxx/uwsgi.ini
>> I found it will automatically running and I think it is in daemon status.
>>
>> Now, I want to reload uwsgi gracefully when I modify some code.
>> uwsgi --reload ./uwsgi_master.pid
>>
>> But I found that master pid in uwsgi_master.pid is not updated, I
>> think uwsgi is not restarted.
>> I think this maybe uwsgi run in daemon and will not handle HUP signal.
>> So when running in daemon, what is way to gracefully restart uwsgi.
>>
>> Best Regards
>>
>> --
>> Rejoice,I Desire!
>

> When reloaded uWSGI patches itself, it is normal it does not change its pid.
>
> Always check the logs, to be sure the instance is reloaded (they are
> pretty verbose).
>
> You did not showed your full config, in some setup it could be needed to
> use pidfile2 to postpone pidfile creation

> http://unbit.com

Rejoice,I Desire!