[uWSGI] best way of using logrotate

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 17:59:10 CEST 2015

I was looking at post posts regarding using logrotate to rotate uwsgi
logs and was wondering what is the "best" way of doing it.

Using the "copytruncate" option of logrotate seems like a simple way
of doing it since it requires no change to uwsgi, but it seems that
it's possible to lose some logging during the transition.

The uwsgi option of "touch-logreopen" seems like a good method, but
what's the best file to use to monitor for a "touch"?  I was thinking
that maybe I could point it to the .log.1 file that logrotate would
copy the file over to.  Does the option work correctly if that file
isn't yet there?

-Tim