[uWSGI] Should use the uwsgi protocol or just http? (python and nginx)

Morten Guldager morten.guldager at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 09:02:26 CEST 2015

'Aloha Friends!

I have a bunch of non-public RESTful webservices written in python. I run
those with uwsgi in emperor mode. uwsgi that nginx is receiving requests on
port 80. nginx use "location" rules and statements like "uwsgi_pass uwsgi://
127.0.0.1:9001;"

Before uwsgi and nginx I used tornado and had it listen directly on port
8080. I enjoyed to poke my services using curl.

Q1: Does an uwsgi-curl tool exist? Is it at all possible?

I could instead configure uwsgi to receive http requests and have nginx
pass those directly. Would make my curl work again.

Q2: Any good reason why I should avoid running http between uwsgi and nginx?

If I go that route, configure uwsgi receiving http requests, it leaves
nginx with the plain dispatcher function, take a sub-location and pass it
to a specific local port.

Q3: is it possible to have uwsgi take care of this dispatching too, passing
different sub-locations to different python applications?

--
/Morten %-)