[uWSGI] Leaving uWSGI behind

Attila-Mihaly Balazs dify.ltd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 15:39:53 CEST 2016

Hello all,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to "bend uwsgi to my will" so I choose to
use mod_wsgi for this latest project. A couple of observations which
people might find helpful (ie. pointers as to what could be improved):

- the documentation could use a lot of improvement. There are a lot of
options and most of them are documented in a most unhelpful way. Ie:
"socket-timeout - set internal sockets timeout". Great, but what's an
internal socket? What is the default value? In what case would I want
to change this and how?

- using apache2 mod-proxy-uwsgi with unix sockets still doesn't work.
I remember having issues more than two years ago and now it's still
happening. The issue is the same one as documented here:

- http://lists.unbit.it/pipermail/uwsgi/2015-May/007992.html
- and here https://github.com/unbit/uwsgi/issues/973

Ie. I get "AH00898: DNS lookup failure for: path returned by /path". I
also tried adding something at the end (ie. "...|uwsgi://localhost/"
instead of "...|uwsgi://") but then it just tries to connec through
TCP to 127.0.0.1:3031 instead of using the unix socket

This is on ubuntu 16.04 with Apache 2.4 libapache2-mod-proxy-uwsgi
2.0.12-5ubuntu3 - this one:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/libapache2-mod-proxy-uwsgi

Cheers,
Attila