[uWSGI] Flat file caching in subdirectories

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko at redinnovation.com
Tue Jul 12 19:23:35 CEST 2016

Let's try again and hope the email doesn't escape out this time

> Thanks for contributing :)
>>
>> > 1. Early on, you talk of how many millions of pages you have...
>> > typically, caching is the tradeoff of only holding the most in-demand
>> > pages, not all of them... so don't worry if you can't manage to store
>> > all of them.
>>
>> Have been thinking about this as well, but I still would like to try and
>> "cache them all" in this first iteration. If not all should be cached a
>> memory based approach with Cache2 would be the way to go, it has all the
>> bells and whistles I need.

What I have seen with one relative large news paper company did

- Cache all generated pages in database (MySQL in their case) using a
custom middleware

- For the latest news (created within 24h) give cache time 1 minute, as
journalists want to see corrected errors live right away

- For older pages give cache time for 24h, as the news is old in any case
and there are unlikely any changes

- The middleware simply stores the generated HTML in the database table or
gives out a prestored cache text blob if there is one available. Databases
can easily scale to 20M+ rows of 20kbytes content or so.

--
Mikko Ohtamaa
http://opensourcehacker.com