[uWSGI] Flat file caching in subdirectories

Tim van der Linden tim at shisaa.jp
Wed Jul 13 01:52:33 CEST 2016

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 13:23:35 -0400
Mikko Ohtamaa <mikko at redinnovation.com> wrote:

Hi Mikko

> What I have seen with one relative large news paper company did
>
> - Cache all generated pages in database (MySQL in their case) using a
> custom middleware
>
> - For the latest news (created within 24h) give cache time 1 minute, as
> journalists want to see corrected errors live right away
>
> - For older pages give cache time for 24h, as the news is old in any case
> and there are unlikely any changes
>
> - The middleware simply stores the generated HTML in the database table or
> gives out a prestored cache text blob if there is one available. Databases
> can easily scale to 20M+ rows of 20kbytes content or so.

Thanks for the insight, this is an approach I did not think of yet and also sounds quite stable and scalable (and more flexible). A nice usage of WSGI middleware :)

I now have a solution up and running with two new plugins which give me flat file cache with expiration ... but I will keep your take on this in mind. Awesome tip!

> --
> Mikko Ohtamaa
> http://opensourcehacker.com
> http://twitter.com/moo9000