[uWSGI] systemd socket activation and --http

Dustin C. Hatch dustin.hatch at firemon.com
Tue Jul 19 03:26:33 CEST 2016

Hello, I am trying to set up uWSGI to use systemd socket activation,
along with the http plugin. I am able to get each aspect working
correctly on its own, but whenever I combine them, client requests
simply hang.

Here is my configuration:

[uwsgi]
master = true
plugin = python,http
optimize = 1
http = fd://0
wsgi = fmosadmin.web.app

My socket unit:

[Unit]
Description=socket description

[Socket]
ListenStream=9090

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

And my service unit:

[Unit]
Description=service description

[Service]
Type=simple
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/fmos-admin
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/uwsgi --die-on-term /etc/firemon/fmos-admin.ini
StandardInput=socket
StandardOutput=journal
StandardError=journal

The only thing that even suggests a problem on the server side is this
message in the log (repeated twice at startup):

uwsgi[9493]: epoll_ctl(): Invalid argument [core/event.c line 521]

Socket inheritance seems to be working:

uwsgi[9493]: uwsgi socket 1 inherited INET address :9090 fd 0

But, `curl http://localhost:9090/` just hangs forever.

Everything works correctly if I change `http` to `http-socket` in the
configuration, but since there will be no front-end proxy in this
situation, I understood the former was the correct choice.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

--
♫Dustin