[uWSGI] Cache misses - cache not working

Pinakee BIswas pinakee at waltzz.com
Fri Mar 18 10:46:38 CET 2016

Hi,

I have the following configuration for uwsgi :

uwsgi]
chdir=/django-app
wsgi-file = django-app/wsgi.py
master=True
socket=:7090
max-requests=5000
processes = 4
threads = 2
daemonize=/var/log/uwsgi-emperor.log
enable-threads = true
single-interpreter = true
#harakiri = 30
stats = 127.0.0.1:9191

; create a cache with 5000 items (default size per-item is 64k)
cache2 = name=jivaanacache,items=5000

route = .* cache:key=testcache,name=jivaanacache
route = .* cachestore:key=testcache,name=jivaanacache

I am trying to use cache for my ecommerce web application based on
Django. The above is just to test if uwsgi cache works or not. The above
has been taken from uwsgi cache cookbook.

When I monitor using uwsgicachetop, everything is MISS. Which means the
the same? Am I missing anything?

uwsgi version is 2.0.12.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,